Programs : Budget Sheet
The following listing represents the Summer Budget Sheet for Universitat Konstanz - Summer.
Summer Budget Sheet for Universitat Konstanz - Summer
|Application Fee *||$60.00||$60.00|
|Administrative Fee *||$200.00||$200.00|
|Tuition (Other SUNY students pay at home institution, non-SUNY pay at SBU) *||$885.00||$3,123.00|
|College Fee (Other SUNY students pay at home institution, non-SUNY pay at SBU) *||$15.60||$15.60|
|Academic Excellence Fee - Summer term *||$40.50||$40.50|
|Program Fee - per term *||$1,050.00||$1,050.00|
|Estimated Flight Cost||$1,200.00||$1,200.00|
|Estimated Books and Academic Supplies||$200.00||$200.00|
|Estimated Personal Expenses||$300.00||$300.00|
|Estimated Additional Expenses subtotal:||$2,635.00||$2,635.00|
Student ID: ________________
Student ID: ________________
SBU and/or Home Campus Billable Expenses:
- Application Fee: This is charged upon submission of your application through the SBU Study Abroad Portal.
- Administrative Fee: This is charged on SOLAR to all committed students and should be paid within 3 days of committing to your program.
- Tuition and Fees: SUNY students pay tuition and fees at their home campuses; please consult your Study Abroad Office for applicable fees. SBU and Non-SUNY students pay tuition and fees to SBU through SOLAR. Graduate students pay the appropriate home campus or academic program rate.
- Program Fee: This is charged on SOLAR to all participants. See below for details.
- Insurance: For fall and spring programs, this estimate is based on your program length. Summer and Winter programs have insurance included in their program fee.
Other Projected Expenses*:
- Flight: Students are responsible for booking their own travel. Faculty-Led study abroad programs may require group travel. Please reach out to your IAP Coordinator prior to making any travel arrangements.
- Vaccinations/Immunizations: This is an estimate and may vary based on domestic insurance coverage. Students are encouraged to consult with their physician and review the CDC recommendations.
- Books and Academic Supplies: This is an estimate and could vary based on course selection and may include laboratory and course fees payable to the host institution.
- Passport: A passport is required for ALL international travel. This cost could vary based on country of citizenship.
- Visa: Students are responsible for obtaining their own visa. This cost could vary based on country of citizenship. Students may be required to pay additional fees upon arrival to their host country, depending on the immigration registration process.
- Personal Expenses: This varies based on personal spending habits, lifestyle, cost of living in the program location(s), and the currency exchange rate. This may include local transportation, meals, travel, other personal items.
- Partner University Fees**: Estimated, varies by program and which partner university you attend, this could include tuition differential, participation fees, and local programming.
- Program Housing***: Estimated, program housing may be provided by a partner university or independently arranged.
- Estimated Miscellaneous: This varies by program and details can be found below.
The SBU IAP Financial Policies are outlined in the ‘Study Abroad Financial Acknowledgement’ Signature Document, signed in the pre-decision phase of application.
*Other Projected Expenses - All costs incurred outside of those billed through SBU are the responsibility of the student and cannot be reimbursed by SBU under any circumstances.
**Partner University Fees - Partner University Programs only. Details can be found below.
***Program Housing - Only applicable when housing is not included in the program fee.
All program costs must be paid prior to departure or by the Stony Brook University term payment deadline, whichever date is first. Failure to pay by this deadline will result in late fees and transcripts being held until payment in full is received. Students participating through other SUNY and/or partner university programs are also responsible to comply with those institutional deadlines.
All costs are estimates and subject to change without notice. SUNY tuition and fees are subject to change without notice by action of the SUNY Board of Trustees.
Program Specific Details:
-Program Fee includes housing, some excursions, and the mandatory international health insurance through the SUNY provider. This program fee reflects NYS-required trip cancellation insurance for the dates/location of your program.
-Tuition and College fee listed are for 3 credits.
-Estimated Personal Expenses: Includes laundry, cell phone, and other possible expenses
-Estimated Miscellaneous: These expenses will be paid to a third party and will vary based on student's need .
- Estimated passport fee: $135
- Estimated visa fee: $100
|* Billable item|